Thursday 28 February 2008

Another 10 days gone!

I was lucky enough to see this amazing sight the other day, but unlucky enough to only have my little point and shoot and not to be on the roof for once - we were just leaving because of the rain. Still it was quite incredible to see.... Hope you enjoy it too







Well here it is Thursday already and the last couple of weeks seem to have flown by. The house is progressing, painting being the order of the day and colours almost settled. Preparation of the walls has taken the longest time, but the ceilings are now completed and looking fabulous and the walls will be started on Saturday or Sunday. Only a couple of colours to choose.

Some of the curtain fabric has also been purchased at last and is with the maker, we have decided to leave the main reception curtains until last, they are expensive and we figured we'd wait until all the furniture etc. was in and make a final choice.

The last of the plumber's requirements have been bought, the jacuzzi bath will be delivered on Saturday and the plumber will commence work then too. We'll go looking for lights on Sunday. The windows and glass doors have been delivered and are awaiting installation when the painter finishes. The carpenter has mostly finished will be back to put the door handles on when the painter has completed staining them etc.

All the appliances are also being delivered on the weekend to await the plumber and then the kitchen installation. So there will be a huge amount happening in the next 2 weeks if all is to be finished for me to move in. I only have my place in Mohandaseen until the 15th March.

This week has been a big week for Masry as he has taken delivery of the first two vehicles as a beginning for the new tour company and they are now all ready to begin work tomorrow. It's wonderful to see him so happy and excited. This also meant that I didn't see him for 2 days this week and a fairly boring two days they were - I am out of reading material and am reading David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas for the third time! It's a great book but really.... We tried to find a bookshop today near my place but like many things one tries to find in Egypt it was a failed attempt even though we drove the entire length of the street in peak traffic... There are 5 TV channels in English and sometmes there are good things but quite a few of the shows have seasons behind Oz and the movies have been seen before. I must admit that occasionally I get something really good however, it's just pot luck. Masry says when I go back to Australia in May I can bring back heaps of books - he might be sorry he said that when he sees the bill for the excess baggage!!!

Anyway, have been here a couple of hours now and better go, Friday tomorrow so it's mosque day for Mohammad and I won't see him until after 2.00 pm. So I get to do my housework and washing - lucky me!

Hope all is well at home

love to everyone

Lyndall

No comments: