Friday 12 December 2008

At home in Oz









First solid food












Playing soccer




At Underwater World with Lahni and Lonni

Well I made it home just fine - 27 hours travelling with my stop in Dubai almost 8 hours. But it was at the new terminal (Terminal 3) and as a Silver level frequent flyer with Emirates I am able to use the Business Class lounge so it's not too arduous. I even found a vacant bench to sleep on - had a staff member come and ask me if I needed a blanket - that's service. So I had a couple of hours sleep as well as did some shopping and also had an excellent snack - the food is always brilliant - and free.

Have had plenty to keep me busy, doctor's appointments, doing stuff with the kids, a colonoscopy and endoscopy, shopping for Christmas and of course, Logan. I've put in some of the pics we've taken while I've been back. He's very wary of strangers (as in, he bursts into tears) and after not liking me at all on the first day and only a little bit on the second day, now he is great and tonight I am babysitting. He always has big smiles for me and is happy to be carried, nursed, changed, walked etc. He's a joy. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

On Tuesday I get to go back into hospital for Dr Tarr to work a little more magic but best case scenario is that this time I am out the next day (worst case, 3 days), get my stitches out on Christmas Eve and will now fly home mid January. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks again but still I am sure that Logan and I will manage fine.

Anyway, I still have the ironing and the dishes to do so I'll get going. Mohamed is doing fine in Egypt getting the office organised and says "hello for everyone".

Lots of love

Lyndall

No comments: